POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : dds and tga in povray : Re: dds and tga in povray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dds and tga in povray
From: karmacowboy
Date: 28 Jul 2008 13:15:00
Message: <web.488dfe81ec1eec60a911672a0@news.povray.org>
Yes, I have tried it but the creature is all blue and not the original colours.

It is a bit special because I use a game editor to design a creature then I use
a program called spview to extract the .mesh ...later on converts it to .obj
along with the .dds which should be able to render in povray.

There are perhaps a problem with the spview program which is not commersial. So
I will contact the maker of it!

Thanks for your help. I was just not sure if it was possible to use .dds files
in povray or I do need tga for it to texture my creature!

J.